Tuesday, October 01, 2019

Please send me your questions & stories for "The Right Thing" column


For the weekly newspaper ethics column I write for the Tribune Media Services Syndicate called "The Right Thing," I am always looking for stories of ethical challenges, dilemmas, and perplexing situations. If you have such a story or question based on an incident and would like it to be considered for the column, please email it to me at rightthing@comcast.net

Please make sure to include enough details about the story, the issue that you're wrestling with, and your name and the city and state or province where you are located. Include a way for me to contact you. 

If you know of others who might have interesting stories, please forward this on to them by clicking on the envelope icon below. 


Thanks in advance for your stories.



Jeffrey Seglin

1 comment:

Gaylene said...

From Gaylene in Santa Rosa, CA
I was impressed by your recent column about the gas station gift. I have an experience like that. Before my mother died, she and I would sometimes visit a nail salon together. She died suddenly, and when I next went to the salon, one of the beauticians asked me how my mom was. I was still grieving and wasn't able to stop my tears. The beautician offered her condolences. When I went to pay for my services, the cashier told me that a young woman sitting next to me overheard and before she left,, she paid for my entire service--about $75. That young woman's gift blew me away. I'll never be able to thank her, but she made a big difference in my life.