Sunday, September 24, 2006

TELL ME YOUR TALES

Don't forget to send me your stories about ethical dilemmas that have nagged at you. Draw them from any aspect of your life, but please keep your submission to no more than 300 words.

I'll run some of these stories in an upcoming column, and those whose stories are used in that column will receive a copy of my book, "The Right Thing" (Smith Kerr, 2006).

Include your name, address and telephone number, and submit your story by Oct. 10 to: rightthing@nytimes.com or to "The Right Thing," New York Times Syndicate, 609 Greenwich St., 6th floor, New York, N.Y. 10014-3610.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Read your column every Sunday in the Columbus Dispatch. Today, "beggar seeks cash," i recall an incident that happened almost 30 years ago. It was the time when we were stopped a lot for asking for change. This particul time, a man dressed clean and nice asked me if I had any change. I gave him a small handful. After a moment or two, he came back. I had a catholic medal mixed up with the change and he wanted to return it. I told him to keep it. I often think of that man and feel sure that everything must have turned out well for him.
Virginia M. Preston
5077 Kingshill Dr.
Columbus OH 43229
(614) 846-0715